Monday, 20 August 2012

A bit to show - at last

 Finally I have manged to do something a bit creative.  I have had my lovely Landscape dyes for so long I thought they would no longer be any good, but they still worked, and now I have several new scarves.
 The green and the fuchsia scarves were $5 scarves bought at the opening of a discount store in a new shopping centre here, lovely fine silk, but I have realised they have been sewn up with polyester thread, but I doubt if anyone else will notice it. 
This one was practising nuno felting.  Again it is so long since I have done any, I had trouble remembering what to do, and I could have used a lot more wisps of wool without making the scarf too heavy - perhaps another scarf coming up to refine the technique.  At least I have taken notes and photos this time for me to look up later!

We had 6 mm of welcome rain yesterday - the first for over a month.  We should be back to beautiful sunny days again for a while now - the sort of weather which makes you glad to be alive.

7 comments:

  1. What beautiful scarves Robin - those colours are glorious. I love the textures you get with nuno felting but have never done any myself. Glad your weather is settling down and I hope ours will do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful scarves - such luscious colours. Please have some of our rain - we would be delighted to pass it on to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are beautiful Robin. Glad the weather is finally behaving for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous scarves Robin. I must try those dyes, don't have them. So nice to see you having some creative fun time again. I am still knitting. Bit chilly here this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Robin,
    your works are beautiful, inspiration, and everything is carried out, is simply beautiful.
    I'm sorry, but it was a holiday and I was not at home, and I already longed for his native country where he was born,
    I cordially greet, warm, wish you great ideas to the work of art.,
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH! beautiful scarves you got there. i love collecting scarves too. thanks for sharing this one! i like the red one.
    waikiki family vacation

    ReplyDelete
  7. A tour to a reliable gifts for girls online store can be delightful. These stores have various brands of rolex datejust watches of different designs, shapes, textures and sizes. Brands, like Coach, Gucci, Prada etc., have rewritten the traditional norms of fashion catier earrings world. The art of creating designer handbag has come a long way. It has revolutionized the way womens jackets were made. You can be a fashion diva without splurging extra fortune. Thanks to the online discount prada handbags shops that have come up with enticing price tags. Online purchase via reliable coco chanel online source is bound to save you few bucks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I do enjoy reading your comments and will reply if you leave your email address.