I fused some painted vliesofix to the paper. I am not so happy with this, the roll of vliesofix is new and I find I can't separate the backing paper from the webbing before I iron it on which is what I usually do. I've had the painted paper for a couple of weeks and I can't remember what I used, but I think it was a mixture of acrylics and dynaflow.
I am happy with the fabric prepared for stitching. Cut up threads and punched paper flowers scattered around and fused under a red chiffon scarf.
This is what I ended up with. I need these for extra souvenirs, while strictly speaking they are not botanical, at least they have some flower shapes on them! Customers like them anyway as they all get sold.
I subscribe to Workshop on the Web and I couldn't believe my eyes when I opened it up today - the first article was all about rusting!! There have been so many discussions on rusting on the various online courses I am part of. I shall have to find an old sheet I can cut up and keep experimenting with!
For a change of topic I thought I would show you what I see from my kitchen window. I never tire of our back garden, it is always beautifully cool in summer, and the tree loses its leaves in winter (or what we call winter!) so there is more sunlight then. We love watching the birds when we are having our morning or afternoon cuppa, of cours most of the parrots flew away just as I was about to take the photo.
Today is the first day of Autumn - well, officially anyway - and we are experiencing an absolutely gorgeous sunny and not too hot day here. Jack and I are about to go for a walk in the Gardens. The sun is out so hopefully I may be able to get a photo or two to add to my next post.